Speed up Windows 7...

Here are a few easy and effective ways to speed up your windows 7 and keep your computer performing with maximum efficiency...

  • Goto start and type "msconfig" (without quotes), move to move tab at the top of the window and change the timeout from 30 to 3 seconds and move to startup tab next and uncheck all those softwares that you do not use frequently and hit apply...  This tip increases your startup and shutdown time...
  • Goto start again and type "regedit" and navigate ypur way to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> System -> Currentcontrolset -> Control... Double Click on waittokillservicetimeout and change it from 12000 to 3000... This reduces the shut down time... 
  • Goto start -> My Computer.. Right click on My Computer and click properties... Goto Advanced system settings and in the advanced tab click "performance" and check "adjust for best performance"which may bring it to windows classic or just check "Custom" and check all the features you want..
  • Defragment your hard drive regularly (once a month) by typing "System Defragmenter" in the search bar at start..

Hope these tips speed up your windows 7 and please do not forget to comment....

13 comments:

Really a helpful article for windows 7 users .

 

thanks for sharing! btw, i've linked you already. sorry for the late response.

 

Dear admin,

Please change my link:
http://www.tehnoking.com/
became: http://tehnoking.com/
remove: www

Thanks

 

Hi..care to exchange link?

ur link is ready in my blogroll please link me too in ur blogroll

 

Dear Admin...

where is my link here?

Ur link is ready in my blogroll

 

Ur link is ready along time in my blogroll plase add my link too :D

 

Dear admin,

Ur link is ready along time in my blgroll pleae link me too :D

 

Nice tips but not for me because I still using Vista. ^_^"

 

Hi ashwin, nice blog & good post. overall You have beautifully maintained it, you must submit your site for free in this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!